Longing for the true colours

2011/02/08
It seems like every blog post and every photo goes in the same shade of grey, I am truly missing the spring and the summer time now. The storm yesterday wasn't so bad, I slept through the waves and the only drawback was that we had to drift outside the port since the weather doesn't allow us to switch quays. After discharging the cargo from Rostock I took the opportunity to take some photos in the weak winter sun. The picture below shows the ship M/S Globia during cargo operation in Trelleborg port. I have some special liking for HDR this time of the year, it brings out the non visible colours and changes in the light and give the pictures that extra finishing touch that bring them somewhat to life. So, I hope that you can put up with my HDR fever. It will decrease as the days go by and the natural lights get better, I promise you.

M/S Globia
M/S Globia loading grain

In order not to photograph through the portholes I had to step outside and go on the catwalk around the wheelhouse. I am not a big fan of heights, so my legs was a little bit shaky afterwards. As you can see, it is quite a distance down to the ground. 21 meters to be precise.

High heels
High heels



0 kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar