Studio ExC

2010/11/20
9 to 5

Today, I spent most of my time taking photos of the happy examination students which revived the diploma and all the honor from the head president of Chalmers University of Technology. Well, most of the times I and my co-workers spent working, but we have to test the studio lights at any point. Therefore, as an infrequent accident and a nice addition to my blog, I ended up in front of the camera. The photo above was taken by my friend Oskar Danielsson (CFFC) while we where testing the lights and tried to make the working day go faster.

In any case, snow have finally found its path to these northern regions where I live, therefore the traffic and the roads where quite slow this morning. But, it is like this every year, the fellows at the public transport service seems to forget about the concept of snow and temperatures of zero degrees or below, and the whole city gets paralyzed of some kind of a never ending snow-comes-to-Göteborg-deja-vu. However, it is quite pleasant when the first snow falls, everything is covered in a thick layer of frosty silence and the whole city seems so bright. Everything that was gray, broken and teared into pieces are covered with this blessed fresh snow blanket,the sounds of the city fades away thanks to the snow and everything is just so perfect white as your childhood winters where. People tend to talk about the first summer day as a mysterious event, but the day when the first snow covers the land is way more fascinating and snatches the heart and mind of you in a whole different level.

However, snow came as a surprise for me too. I was not ready for winter yet since it was just a short while since I left the ship in sunny Montevideo (which had the pleasant outdoor temperature of 25 degrees Celsius). The picture below shows the weather conditions in Göteborg just a couple days ago, I can admit it wasn't so warm but the sun was, as for once, spreading it's lights over Göteborg.

Before the snow

A nice side effect of the cold weather is that my balcony is covered with small birds begging for dinner. A nice photo opportunity for me, and a big supé for them. I love a part of the lyrics in one of Blur´s songs - Parklife, it goes:

"I feed the pigeons, I sometimes feed the sparrows too
it gives me a sense of enormous well being
And then I'm happy for the rest of the day, safe in the knowledge
there will always be a bit of my heart devoted to it"

Birds!

And finally, I finish today´s post with a photo from my archive. This summer I went to Malta and Gozo, and at the last island I took this photo of this wonderful Mercedes. I love Mercedes, they have very well built cars. In my mind, the most beautiful car is the Mercedes Benz 540K (picture can be found here).

Gozo roads

0 kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar