Nebel

2011/01/29
Three weeks ago when I was hand steering inbound port of Rostock, I saw an amazing photo opportunity. The whole ship yard was shrouded in fog and the cranes seemed to float in the misty air. If you have seen Rammstein's music video "Seeman" (my absolute favorite) you know what I am talking about, it was truly beautiful. However, I was hand steering and had no opportunity to go and fetch the camera, so the moment passed and I had to wait. Not for long though, the moist weather are a very distinctive feature of the Baltic ports during the winters, and a couple of days ago Rostock was once more covered in a blanket of fog. This time, I was not on duty, so I could preserve the moment.

Rostock II
Neptun-Werft GmbH in Rostock. More than 1500 new ships have been built there since the ship yard was founded in 1850. During the second world war, Rostock and Warnemünde was a top target for the Allies' bomb planes, this due to the fact that they where building submarines there

Life saving equipment
Starboard life boat in mist

Rostock I
LKW (LastKraftWagen - eng. trucks) and PKW (PersonKraftWagen - eng. ordinary private cars) check-in. On the right side, Scandline's ship "Skåne"


Listen to: Rammstein - Nebel

Watch this:

0 kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar