Springtime in Sweden

2011/05/02
Springtime in Sweden part ISpringtime in Sweden part II
Well, I have to write something constructive in order to give the photos above some essence and to give you a part of the full story. It has been a long time since I took the first of these photos, but still, they needs to be explained. First out, a self portrait of myself:
Masque

I have spent a fair amount of time with the post processing, I admit. If you want to take a similar photo, here is the way to do it:

The photo was taken with my Nikon D90 equipped with a 24-70 mm Nikon lens, working on f 5,0, iso 200 and a shutter speed of 1/25 s. The camera was mounted on a tripod and I used a remote control to take the picture. I took the picture as a standing format, so I have the camera and lightsource a bit on my left side. My flash was directed 45 degrees upwards, and since I have completely white walls and ceiling it reflected the light quite well.

Now to the fun part, the afterwork in my computer (I love processing pictures). I use Lightroom 3 and PS5, mostly the first mentioned program, for editing this picture. I made it black and white, adjusted contrast, blacks, brightness and maxed the clarity. I have made adjustments on my eyes (increasing the clarity even more) and on my hands. I masked away the background behind me and made it completely black, plus adding appropriate shadows so the line between my hair and the background wouldn't look that sharp. And yes, I blurred a part of my arms so it would put the focus on my quite photoshopped eyes.

0 kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar